Solution - A multi-sensory, non phonics based approach
We offer a Davis Dyslexia Correction® Program which is suitable for students and adults who are experiencing challenges in reading, writing and comprehension. The most valuable investment and experience available. For help contact us on our on-line booking form.
Course details in brief:
- Consultation (children must be a minimum of 8 to be considered)
- 1 week long (30 hours) one-on-one with the facilitator.
- Individualised solution using an experiential, visual, auditory encoding and kinesthetic approach (Multi-sensory)
- New reading techniques with emphasis on a non-phonics approach and letter order within word (see Article)
- Word de-coding skills (non-phonics based)
- Comprehension skills
- Focusing techniques
- Sight word proficiency
- Stress management./self regulation
- The program is provided one-on-one in a stress free environment
- A respectful approach to rebuild self esteem by valuing the visual learning style of the individual and understanding the experiences of the individual
- A positive approach which provides gentle guidance to encourage positive attitudes to learning and life situations
- Training for a family member or tutor for support at home.
- Continued email and SKYPE consultation with the facilitator when requested by the client
- Materials required for the required follow up work. (follow up work at home is necessary)
Professional services described as Davis™,Davis Dyslexia Correction®, Davis Symbol Mastery®, Davis Orientation Counseling®, and Davis Math Mastery® may only be provided by persons who are employed by a licensed Davis Specialist, or who are trained and licensed as Davis Facilitators by Davis Dyslexia Association International.